- Library is a heart of the institute. Library plays vital role in the development of the students as well as the faculty members. Library is trinity of students, Staff Members & Resources. .
- Library built collection and create tools to support teaching and learning. To provide better services to its users BVIMSR, Institute, Navi Mumbai has established its own library in Year 1984 for students as well as for faculty members.
- BV’IMSR l library has a good collection of 32579 volumes includes more than 554 reference books, 6523 titles as well as 18642 EBSCO e-books of management disciplines.
- Our Library subscribed 60 national journal and international journals of management.
|Sr No.||Name||Post||Qualification||Prof. Experience|
|2.||Mr. Sharad Mahadik||Library Assistant||XII th pass||1 years|
|2.||Mr. S.T. More||Lib.Peon.||XII th pass||10 years|
- Library Stack Area 1536 Sq.Ft. (142.55 Sq.mt.)
- Reading Hall Area 1056 Sq.Ft. ( 98.00 Sq.mt.)
- Reading Hall Seating Capacity 100 Students
- Library Staff Total – 3
- Librarian – 1
- Library Clerk – 1
- Library Peon – 1
- LIBRARY TIMINING : 09.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. (Monday to Sat.) 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. ( Sunday)
Online Journals/ Electronic Journals Databases
- J GATE SOCIAL & MANAGEMENT SERVICES (JSMS)
- All Subjects (National & International Journals) : 18730
- E-books : Available
Arrangement of Stack Room :
Separate for Racks text books, Fiction, Novels, and Literature also Reference Books Sections. Also separate arrangement for Audio-Visual Materials.Printed Journals/ Magazines display stands are inside the Library nearest Librarian Cabin.
- Journals/Magazines are issued to Students for Reference only (Not for Home is Issue)
- Staff Members also getting journals for Reference and home issue.
- Issue and Return Counters are Seperated.
- Two books issued for Every Student in daily.
- New Arrival of Books rack Stand maintain it.
- Internet & Wi-Fi Services are provided to Students & Staff.
- Partially Computerised systems are followed.
- 15 PC’s With Internet access.
- Reference & Information Services.
- Inter Library Loan facility available in Campus.
- Database Search Service.
- Photocopying facility available in Campus.
- Book Bank Facility [SC Students Only]
- Students are allowed to borrow only two books at a time and retain it for 7 days.
- If the students do not return the books by the due date, a sum of Rs. 5/- will be Charged as fine per day.
- If the due date falls on a Holiday, the book can be returned on the very next working day.
- Students must handle the books with care.
- In the event of a book being lost or damaged, the student should pay the full cost of the book along with 50% replacement cost.
- Student should wear their Identity card before entering in the library.
- Reference books, Journals, Periodicals & Project Reports will be issued strictly against the Identity cards only. These Periodicals are only meant for Reference and should be returned before the library closes.
- Students are not allowed to issue books through other students Identity card / Library card.
- Students should maintain absolute silence in the library. Group discussions are not allowed.
- Students should not carry any food stuff in to the library. Eating in the library is Prohibited.
Circulation Issue System:
Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the ID card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
Books will be issued to the students for 07 days only. In the front page slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged @ Re.5/- per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
Care of library borrower cards:
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards. Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, Members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower card issued to them.
Loss of cards:
Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian in writing. After checking the borrowing register they will be issued a fresh replacement card on a payment of Rs.100/- per card.
Validity of cards:
Library borrower cards are valid for the respective academic year only and fresh cards will be issued. At the end of the academic year borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
No due Certificate:
Each student shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
Care of Library Books:
Students are required to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil, writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
SC students of college can become a member of the book bank giving application along with caste certificate, for the full duration of course. Members of the book bank will be issued 5 textbooks for each semester. Books shall be returned within two days after the theory examination, otherwise a fine of Rs.5/- per day will be charged.
This section has Encyclopaedias, dictionaries, Text books reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
In this section journals, general magazines and news letter are available. They are arranged alphabetically. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack alphabetically and are meant only for reference with in the library.
Digital Library Section:
Digital Library is current open e-books on different subjects, links to the scholarly journal publications, theses and dissertations and other e-resources. Efforts are being made to subscribe subject specific e-books, e-journal databases.
- Koha software for Library Management Software.
- Barcode enabled Identity card is given to all user of the library which is useful for books circulation
- OPAC facility is available –IP Adress-126.96.36.199/OPAC
- J-Gateplus Management Database
- Free Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Proposed Digital Library for students having 15 Computers